SAIGE is continuing our tradition of the wonderful silent AUCTION, although this time everyone can join the fun because it will be held online.
This is how it works: Photos of items for sale will be posted on the SAIGE website (https://saige.org) and SAIGE Facebook page. Download the bid form, fill in the Item number and your info, and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Don’t forget to follow the auction rules! The items will be available for 5 days, then sold to the highest bidder.
Bidding Starts: Monday, June 22, 8:00am (Eastern Time)
Bidding Ends: Saturday, June 27, 6:00 pm, Pacific Time
Have fun! Support SAIGE! Find your Treasure!
Download Bid Form (Fillable PDF)
Item images and Descriptions:
The COVID-19 global pandemic has put a strain on resources everywhere: medical, financial, educational, emotional, social, and more.
- Nonprofit organizations face increased demand for their services, but also struggle with reduced resources due to limited donations and canceled fundraising events. As you know, the pandemic has resulted in SAIGE canceling its primary fundraising event this year, the National Training Program.
- The steadfastness of the federal community is awe-inspiring. You have continued to fulfill your professional responsibilities and keep our country moving.
- In this time of great uncertainty, we have the opportunity to help and to lead by example.
- OPM has approved a special solicitation and will open the CFC online pledge portal and mobile giving app through June 30 to accept supplemental, one-time or recurring donations to the CFC-participating charities of your choice via credit card, debit card, or bank transfer. This is an opportunity to help even more if you are able. If you did not make a payroll pledge during the 2019 campaign, you have the additional opportunity to pledge via payroll allotment.
- The CFC online giving portal is a safe, trusted, and proven way to make contributions to more than 6,000 qualified 501(c)(3) charitable organizations which were approved for the fall 2019 CFC.
- SAIGE appreciates your consideration to utilize this supplemental opportunity during this difficult and unprecedented time.
I want to take this opportunity to inform you that our 2019 Annual Report has been posted to our website at saige.org. We had a busy year at the National level as well as at the Chapters. I hope you will take time to review the report. It is posted under annual reports where you will find many of our annual reports.
On behalf of the Board of Directors we hope you are staying safe and remaining home during this ongoing pandemic. If you must leave your home to run errands please wash your hands for 20 seconds when you return and don’t touch your face. Your health and safety is important during this time.
Fredericka J Joseph
Chair, SAIGE, Board of Directors
Out of an abundance of caution, SAIGE is cancelling its 2020 National Training Program. Please see the announcement letter below from our Chair, Fredericka Joseph.
See the message from our Chair, Fredericka Joseph:
Click to download PDF.
Seven Reasons to Donate to Charity: Make an Impact Today
Click above for the Letter in PDF Form
To: SAIGE Members
8 November 2019
Veterans Day 2019
Dear SAIGE Family,
This weekend there will be many opportunities to honor our veterans, please take the time to participate and thank a veteran. Native Americans have served their communities and people since the beginning of time, warriors are part of our culture. Native Americans have been serving this country since its birth, serving at a higher proportionate rate than any other group. This is in spite of discrimination, negative policies and actions against our Native American people. For many years Native Americans served while not being recognized as citizens of the United States. They have never abandoned our people or our land.
On Saturday September 20th of this year ground was broken at the National Museum of the American Indian for the National Native American Veterans Memorial in Washington D.C. This will be the first time that the military service of Native Americans, Alaskan Natives and Native Hawaiians will be recognized on the National Mall. The memorial is slated to be be ready for a 2020 Veterans Day ceremony.
On Veterans Day, Monday, November 11, PBS presents a new documentary, THE WARRIOR TRADITION. It will air at 9:00 p.m. ET and tells the largely unknown story of Native Americans who served in the U.S. military. You will learn about their service, pain, courage and fear, as shared in their own words.
To all our SAIGE members out there who have served and their families who have supported them, from our Chair, Fredericka Joseph and the SAIGE Board, we say “Ahe’hee’”, “Wado”, “Miigwech”, “Thank you”!
Board of Directors, Director of the Warrior Society
Society of American Indian Government Employees
Announced on September 10, 2019