The SAIGE National Training Program for 2021, “Grounded in Tradition, Resilient in Spirit,” will be held virtually on September 14 and 15, with the Warriors’ Track held on September 16. Registration is available July 1 at https://saigetraining.org
Please see the Press Release (here) for further information.
The SAIGE Warrior Society has announced that nominations are now open for its 2021 Meritorious Service Awards. The awards will be virtual this year and awarded during our National Training Program in September. Please see the links below for documents with the necessary information.
We hope you have found peace and joy during this time of year. We hope that you have been able to find blessings in each day which puts a smile on your face and in your heart. Please remember we count you as a blessing in our SAIGE family and look forward to when we can share time with you again.
It is also a time a year when traditionally individuals donate to nonprofits and charities to not only help them, but to also save a little money on their taxes. Over the past few years with the changing tax laws those tax breaks to people who donated were taken away or made very hard to claim.
However, this year, for a one time only, the federal government has provided for all tax filers to be able to easily claim a $300 deduction for contributions to qualifying organizations if they are made prior to December 31, 2020. See https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/special-300-tax-deduction-helps-most-people-give-to-charity-this-year-even-if-they-dont-itemize
This includes those who do not itemize when filing their taxes. SAIGE is a qualify organization and we hope you will consider using this deduction with a donation to SAIGE. We also would like to remind you that American Indian and Alaskan Native nonprofits, like SAIGE, receive far less in donations that other non American Indian and Alaskan Native nonprofits.
We look forward to a new light in 2021, where we will be able to share more time with you and others. SAIGE is already in the planning for our National Training Program along with several other virtual programs throughout the year. We always welcome ideas, so if there is something that you would like to see, please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Peace. Hope, SAIGE”
Greetings SAIGE members and friends,
We have all experienced challenges the past few months, and SAIGE had to cancel its annual Training Program for the first time in 17 years due to the pandemic. To recognize 2020 as a unique year when we could not congregate as colleagues and friends, SAIGE wanted to provide a way that we could offer you to feel a part of the organization and express solidarity together.
The board has partnered with Martin Sports Apparel in Michigan to make branded gear available for you to show your SAIGE pride. The board has had a special slogan created for this memorable year: Peace, Hope and SAIGE. We wish you peace of mind in the here and now and hope for the future.
The items available for purchase at this time are t-shirts, bucket hats, face masks and polo shirts. In the fall there will be more items for sale. Profits from these sales will help SAIGE in operational expenses to get through the year. We thank you for your support of SAIGE. Be sure and shop early as there are a few items that are limited stock! To see our stock go to:
Fredericka J Joseph
Chair, Board of Directors
Society of American Indian Government Employees
SAIGE is continuing our tradition of the wonderful silent AUCTION, although this time everyone can join the fun because it will be held online.
This is how it works: Photos of items for sale will be posted on the SAIGE website (https://saige.org) and SAIGE Facebook page. Download the bid form, fill in the Item number and your info, and submit it to email@example.com . Don’t forget to follow the auction rules! The items will be available for 5 days, then sold to the highest bidder.
Bidding Starts: Monday, June 22, 8:00am (Eastern Time)
Bidding Ends: Saturday, June 27, 6:00 pm, Pacific Time
Have fun! Support SAIGE! Find your Treasure!
Download Bid Form (Fillable PDF)
Item images and Descriptions:
The COVID-19 global pandemic has put a strain on resources everywhere: medical, financial, educational, emotional, social, and more.
- Nonprofit organizations face increased demand for their services, but also struggle with reduced resources due to limited donations and canceled fundraising events. As you know, the pandemic has resulted in SAIGE canceling its primary fundraising event this year, the National Training Program.
- The steadfastness of the federal community is awe-inspiring. You have continued to fulfill your professional responsibilities and keep our country moving.
- In this time of great uncertainty, we have the opportunity to help and to lead by example.
- OPM has approved a special solicitation and will open the CFC online pledge portal and mobile giving app through June 30 to accept supplemental, one-time or recurring donations to the CFC-participating charities of your choice via credit card, debit card, or bank transfer. This is an opportunity to help even more if you are able. If you did not make a payroll pledge during the 2019 campaign, you have the additional opportunity to pledge via payroll allotment.
- The CFC online giving portal is a safe, trusted, and proven way to make contributions to more than 6,000 qualified 501(c)(3) charitable organizations which were approved for the fall 2019 CFC.
- SAIGE appreciates your consideration to utilize this supplemental opportunity during this difficult and unprecedented time.
I want to take this opportunity to inform you that our 2019 Annual Report has been posted to our website at saige.org. We had a busy year at the National level as well as at the Chapters. I hope you will take time to review the report. It is posted under annual reports where you will find many of our annual reports.
On behalf of the Board of Directors we hope you are staying safe and remaining home during this ongoing pandemic. If you must leave your home to run errands please wash your hands for 20 seconds when you return and don’t touch your face. Your health and safety is important during this time.
Fredericka J Joseph
Chair, SAIGE, Board of Directors
Out of an abundance of caution, SAIGE is cancelling its 2020 National Training Program. Please see the announcement letter below from our Chair, Fredericka Joseph.
See the message from our Chair, Fredericka Joseph:
Click to download PDF.