SAIGE is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2022 Carol Jorgensen Scholarship. $1000 will be given to one undergraduate native student studying the environmental sciences – or related – disciplines. Please see the attached announcement for details and spread the word to students and schools you may know. Thank you!
NOTE: The deadline has been extended until Nov. 30, 2022. Please distribute to your own networks and help a deserving student further their education.
A popular aspect of the SAIGE National Training program is our Youth Track, that provides college and high school students insight into federal, tribal and state government careers. This program is offered for FREE.
The Youth track will also be open to middle school students this year. Our Youth Director, JoAnn Brant, is excited to announce that Registration is now open for the Youth track, happening June 21- 22, 2022. If you have any questions about it please contact her at email@example.com.
Students may get more information and register by going to https://www.saigetraining.org/youthtrack
The purpose of the SAIGE Military Meritorious Award is to recognize individuals who wear or have worn the uniform and made contributions above and beyond the mission, along with contributing to the promotion of American Indian / Alaskan Native culture.
The 2022 recipients will be honored at the SAIGE virtual National Training Program (NTP) on Wednesday 22 June 2022 during the Recognition and Appreciation event.
Congratulations to all the 2022 SAIGE Military Meritorious Service Awards Winners!
Adams II, Gary R., City of Phoenix Police Department, USN, USMC and USA veteran
Brinkley, Matthew P., Commander, USCG
Edwardson, Robert, USCG, retired USCG veteran
Hudson, Sissy, US Corps of Engineers
Lockman II, Randolp R., SFC, WI ARNG
Mergenthaler, David L. Jr., GS12 USCG, retired USCG veteran
Peshlakai, Otis M., SSgt, USMC
Sturdivant, Melissa, GS9, USDA, USA veteran
Thompson III, Douglas W., 1LT, USA
Wright, Jody, LTC, USA
Registration for the SAIGE National Training Program, Celebrating 20 Years of Respect, Culture and Education, is now open for Early Bird registration! It will be held June 21- 23, 2022. Register by May 20 and you can get a significant discount at $375. Starting May 21 it will rise to $415. Go to https://www.saigetraining.org/ for more information and to register.
The SAIGE Spring Newsletter, the Talking Leaf, is now available for downloading. You can access it through this LINK or links on the Homepage. We hope you enjoy reading about our members’ activities and the upcoming National Training Program in June.
Greetings SAIGE –
As we start a new year we have decided to publish our newsletter, the Talking Leaf three times a year. You will see Winter, Spring and Fall editions. This will help to keep you more updated on SAIGE activities and give you an opportunity to share your stories with SAIGE too.
If you have an idea for a story, please submit it to our Talking Leaf Editor, Georgia Madrid, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Winter 2022 Talking Leaf is now available for downloading.
SAIGE is continuing our tradition of the wonderful silent AUCTION, although this time everyone can join the fun because it will be held online.
This is how it works: Photos of items for sale will be posted on the SAIGE website (https://saige.org) and SAIGE Facebook page. Download the bid form, fill in the Item number and your info, and submit it to email@example.com . Don’t forget to follow the auction rules! The items will be available for 5 days, then sold to the highest bidder.
Bidding Starts: Monday, June 22, 8:00am (Eastern Time)
Bidding Ends: Saturday, June 27, 6:00 pm, Pacific Time
Have fun! Support SAIGE! Find your Treasure!
Download Bid Form (Fillable PDF)
Item images and Descriptions:
The COVID-19 global pandemic has put a strain on resources everywhere: medical, financial, educational, emotional, social, and more.
- Nonprofit organizations face increased demand for their services, but also struggle with reduced resources due to limited donations and canceled fundraising events. As you know, the pandemic has resulted in SAIGE canceling its primary fundraising event this year, the National Training Program.
- The steadfastness of the federal community is awe-inspiring. You have continued to fulfill your professional responsibilities and keep our country moving.
- In this time of great uncertainty, we have the opportunity to help and to lead by example.
- OPM has approved a special solicitation and will open the CFC online pledge portal and mobile giving app through June 30 to accept supplemental, one-time or recurring donations to the CFC-participating charities of your choice via credit card, debit card, or bank transfer. This is an opportunity to help even more if you are able. If you did not make a payroll pledge during the 2019 campaign, you have the additional opportunity to pledge via payroll allotment.
- The CFC online giving portal is a safe, trusted, and proven way to make contributions to more than 6,000 qualified 501(c)(3) charitable organizations which were approved for the fall 2019 CFC.
- SAIGE appreciates your consideration to utilize this supplemental opportunity during this difficult and unprecedented time.
I want to take this opportunity to inform you that our 2019 Annual Report has been posted to our website at saige.org. We had a busy year at the National level as well as at the Chapters. I hope you will take time to review the report. It is posted under annual reports where you will find many of our annual reports.
On behalf of the Board of Directors we hope you are staying safe and remaining home during this ongoing pandemic. If you must leave your home to run errands please wash your hands for 20 seconds when you return and don’t touch your face. Your health and safety is important during this time.
Fredericka J Joseph
Chair, SAIGE, Board of Directors
Out of an abundance of caution, SAIGE is cancelling its 2020 National Training Program. Please see the announcement letter below from our Chair, Fredericka Joseph.